THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

About Me

My photo
I am a senior starting this new school year. I have a job in graphic designing and I might have another job at a grocery store soon.

August 12, 2008

Spain's Racisim


The Spanish basketball team posed for a picture before the games started. They appeared to be slanting their eyes, imitating the Chinese. They say that they were just poking fun with them, but that doesn't matter. The fact is that this is poor sportsmanship, and just plain rude. I mean, they are hosting the Olympic Games for Christ's sake! I wouldn't be surprised if some mad Chinese dude kills them for doing that. This is a reflection of how stupid, insensitive, and how indecent people can be.
So readers, do you think they were just joking around, or being racist?

4 comments:

Pearl said...

They were just "poking fun at them"? OK, maybe that's somewhat -- somewhat!! -- funny when you're in, oh, 6th grade, but even if they ARE all in 6th grade, where in the world was their coach when they did that?

Or is that what passes for humor in Spain?

Pearl

Arielle Fragassi said...

Oh Lord, peer pressure. You know some of those guys really didn't want to pose like that, but they did anyway because their friends were all doing it.

RubberDuckies said...

Even if they were poking fun, it probably would only be funny to someone in elementary school. It was childish to say the least.

Madame Belle said...

I'm not justifying what the idiots did, but I thought it a good idea to inform you that the picture was taken for an ad back in Spain...