THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

About Me

My photo
I am a senior starting this new school year. I have a job in graphic designing and I might have another job at a grocery store soon.

August 15, 2008

Genie Idea!!!

I hate the fact that we don't have any dvd players that work. So I've been watching old viedo movies.

I was watching Aladdin last night and a new idea occured to me. What if I wrote a story about the first genie ever? That would be pretty cool. What if I made him the first genie, but in the same setting as Untitled, and just make there be magic in the world? OMG that would be a cool idea would it not? Well, tell me what you think in a comment if you wish.

P.S. I won't start on it until I get done with the current story I'm working on, so don't worry.

3 comments:

John said...

It would be interesting. What would the first wish in the world be? Sorry I haven't commented on your story blog yet. I will catch up on reading it when I get a chance. I did read a bit and I have to say good job. Keep it up! The links make it easier to find the different parts of the story too. Nice going!

Obaid. said...

hey you are a great writer! I love the way your story is progressing... and the first genie theme sounds interesting. maybe.. something like a self-discovery of the genie himeself too?!? waiting for you to start. peace!

brainsnorts said...

the first genie would have to involve two or three things. first, interesting parents. maybe lightning strikes just as they're - you know - "creating" him. or maybe just as his mother is giving birth. you'd have to decide if it's a kids story or not for that one. second, he likely wouldn't know he was a genie. as someone else commented, moments of self discovery where he slowly realizes he's got power. third, that power has to get him in trouble. some evil-type person will realize even before he does that he's got power, but they'll have to be smart enough to know not to go crazy or they'll attract too much attention. so that evil person would take advantage of him until he or someone figured out to break him away from that person. maybe at first he's not limited to granting three wishes, it's unlimited. but after the evil guy goes too far, some kind of higher power gets involved and slaps on the three-wish rule. maybe there's a council of magical people, like a faerie, an elf, leprechaun, all those guys, and the head of each type can get together and do something about it.

or, maybe i'm up too early and had too much coffee. i have to learn how to write less in the comment box.